Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Engineering Historical Memory (EHM).
The words ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ refer to the owner of the domain and facilitator of the website, Dr Andrea Nanetti, his research team, and co-funding institutions. The word ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. Acceptance of Terms
- If you continue to browse and use this website, you are deemed to have accepted and agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) of use.
- If you disagree with any part of these Terms, please do not use our website.
- We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. We may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of these Terms on the Site. Your use of the Site following changes to these Terms will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully capable and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms.
- If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
- If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, when you register for or use any of our services on our website, or when you register as a member of our website, your information/data may be collected by us.
- We may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law. Or Information which you provide to us may be used and disclosed by us and our affiliates, business partners and contractors (who may be based outside Singapore) for the following purposes:
- to respond to your requests and queries;
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payments;
- to communicate with you;
- to enforce contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- to send you information, promotions, updates, and marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services;
- complying with law, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court; and
- for any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you the data you had previously supplied to us. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Notwithstanding the forgoing, we will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of the services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are reasonably secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to other sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy notices of those sites.
- Children (users under the age of 18 years) are not eligible to use our services or purchase any products online unsupervised.
- We request that children do not submit any personal information to us online. If you are under the age of 18 years, you may only surf the Sites only if you have obtained consent from your parents/legal guardian or if you are under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
4. Site Access
- You are responsible for all access to the Site using your internet connection, even if the access is by another person.
- The accessibility and operation of the Site relies on technologies outside our control. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Site or any individual function or feature of the Site will always be available and/or error free. The Site may be unavailable during periods when we are implementing upgrades or essential maintenance on the Site.
5. Access to Site outside Singapore
We make no promise that the materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Singapore. If you choose to access the Site from elsewhere, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through the Site. We do not, however, accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through the Site.
- Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that the Site is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
7. Information on the Site (to the Public Viewer with regards to the Content not Generated by Him/Her)
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Site meet your specific requirements.
8. Users Generating/Providing Content to the Website
- As an user generating content of the Website, you give EHM and the Website the right to use the content and any new features you produce on the Website platform; and you represent that to the best of your knowledge, you have necessary right and authority to grant this right herein granted with respect to the content you uploaded, share or otherwise provide in connection with your use of the Website;
- As an user contributing content shall ensure your content does not incorporate or use any libelous, slanderous or infringing content, for example, does not contain content of or references to violence, profanity, sex, inflammatory materials, direct attacks to individuals or organisations or other inappropriate information or images;
- EHM can alter, remove, suspend posts if posts, at the sole discretion of EHM are against public interest, public order, natural harmony, offends good taste and decency;
- Users (who contribute content) are responsible to ensure that no material uploaded to EHM infringes existing copyrights or the rights of a third party. Everything posted is the sole responsibility of the author and you hereby release, discharge, promise not to sue and hold harmless EHM and its affiliates, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action arising out of or in connection with the exercise of any rights herein granted, including, without limitation, any claim for infringement, right of publicity, libel, slander, defamation, moral rights, invasion of privacy or violation of any other rights relating to any content you uploaded, share or otherwise provide in connection with use of the Website;
- Content generated by user does not represent NTU Singapore, the NTU School of Art, Design and Media or EHM and its affiliates, and is the opinion of the author of that content;
- Users are not allowed to upload spam messages or viruses to the system – they will be penalized following the university’s code of ethics;
- Users are entrusted to back up their data on their own.
9. Hyperlinks and Third Party Content
- EHM may contain links to third part sites, EHM is not responsible or liable for this content and We do not expressly or implicitly endorse the linked sites etc.
- If you create a link to this Website you do so at your own risk. We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Website at any time and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
10. Intellectual Properties & Trademark
- The copyright for original user content is owned by the creator of that content.
- This website contains materials whose intellectual property rights are owned by or licensed to us. The materials include, but are not limited to, the design, source codes, pages, text, pictures, audio and videos, graphics and documents.
- Apart from any fair dealings for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted by law, no part of the Site may be reproduced or reused for any commercial purposes whatsoever without our prior written permission. The modification of the materials on the Site is prohibited.
- We are in the process of registering Engineering Historical Memory (EHM) as our trademark, after registration the registered name will be protected by trademark law.
11. Limitation of Liability
We provide the Website on an “as is” basis and make no representations as to the quality, completeness or accuracy of any content made available on the Website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by law into these Terms;
- Any and all liability to you, whether arising under these Terms or otherwise in connection with your use of the Site; and
- in particular, we will not be liable for any loss or damage:
- that you may incur on account of using, visiting or relying on any statement, opinion, representation or information in the Site;
- resulting from any delay in the operation or transmission, communications failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software; or
- the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses the Site.
12. Governing Law
The use of this Site and these terms are governed by the laws of Singapore. Any claim relating to use of the website shall be heard by Singapore Courts.
(last updated on 29 November 2019)